Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I've been suffering with depression and anxiety for over 6

Customer Question

I've been suffering with depression and anxiety for over 6 years it all started after my marriage break up. Reserly I'm not wanting to be around people and I'm waking up after sleeping and thinking about diaing and can't cope with animals in pain ! I'm up and down all the time and some days just can't cope with day to day life like paying bills and wanting to do anything around the house . I just want some help and advice and will I ever get better or will I be like this for ever ? Anthony
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you are having so much difficulty with depression and anxiety.

What has been tried to help treat the depression and anxiety thus far?

I had asked for some additional information to give a more complete answer, but have not heard back.

Regarding whether you will ever get better, the vast majority of people with depression or anxiety will be able to get adequate control of symptoms with appropriate treatment. It certainly is true that no treatment will work in 100% of patients, so it may be necessary to try different treatment approaches or combination of treatments, but it is very rare that depression or anxiety cannot be adequately controlled with medicine.

I asked about what has already been tried, so that I could also comment upon the usual next steps. If that would be helpful, then you can respond with that information when you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I've tried tablets acupuncture Counselling But nothing has helped. Ant

Which tablets and what type of counseling has been tried?