Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 28 years old. I have been back and forth to the doctors

I am 28 years old. I have been back and forth to the doctors for some time now and they keep telling me it's just anxiety, which I know is not the case, the only reason for the anxiety is becuase when your can't breath it is rather worrying !
I have had these symptoms for some time now, 2 1/2 years, it comes and goes but the tightness is always there when I exercise. Going to the gym and even walking is becoming a problem. Once I start to exercise I have a blocked feeling in my throat following by palpitations, it's not until I stop exercising it calms down again. I have asthma and even the inhaler does not relieve these symptoms.
I recently gave birth 12 weeks ago, when I was in labour she felt my pulse and said " oh that was a bit ticky" then it went back to normal again, also after giving birth I felt very winded and was hunched over as straightening up made me feel loads of pressure in my chest, sitting down eased it. doctors have said it may be reflux but tablets don't seem to help, when I try and Burp I feel a blockage and that it would come out sometimes, I have had an ecg done at rest but obviously that won't pick the problem up as when I'm resting I'm ok.
I feel tightness in the left side of my neck also. It's becoming very stressful as its starting to effect my life. Any advice or thoughts on what it could be I would be very greatful.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Have you had pulmonary function tests?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had my chest listened to and she said it was all clear also did a peak flow and that reading was good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know this may not be relevant but I use to love signing but now when I sing my voic goes and feel like I have no breath... These things are all very strange

I think it is clearly a pulmonary issue especially with your history of asthma

you need formal pulmonary function tests.

Not just a peak flow

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help I will insist on having one of these in due course.
One more quick question that I forgot to mention I had the clip put on my finger to measure my oxygen levels and they came back good but could they still be a problem with my lungs if My oxygen levels are normal

Yes. At your age, your body will maintain high oxygen unless a severe problem is there