wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I'm 56 and been told I have bone loss. I have teeth missing

Hi I'm 56 and been told I have bone loss. I have teeth missing on my left top side and the same with right bottom side. I did have crowns at each side of my 2 front teeth. Sadly one broke and was unrepairable so was pulled out. I wear a partial denture. My problem is my front teeth are moving and my once lovely smile is now crooked. One tooth is shifting forward and the other is crooked and leaning to the right. My dentist says there is nothing he can do. My smile confidence has gone. Will I need to have one of my front teeth extracted. Any advice please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just to add the front tooth that is moving forward is slightly mobile. The crooked one is secure. Thank you
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have bone loss anywhere else?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No bone loss anywhere else. My mother had same problem with losing her teeth. I take high blood pressure and cholesterol medication. I'm in good health but I am on the menopause for 3-4 yrs. I'm not really sure what you can advise me. I'm worried I will end up losing 1 or 2 of my front teeth in order to get my smile back as I'm very Conscious of my crooked strange smile. I hate to loose any more teeth. My dentist tells me he can't do anything to straighten my front teeth. I just wanted a different opinion. Thank you