Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My husband was admitted to a&he and was diagnosed with a

Customer Question

My husband was admitted to a&he and was diagnosed with a small bleed between the cranium and the scull. This happened three days ago He was talking gibberish and sleeping all the time. Last night seemed to have made good progress If he is sent home before his recently diagnosed AD dropping asleep most of the day occasional falls. I am afraid I could not cope. We are 79 and 78 respectively and I myself am not in very good health
My husband was taken to Cramlington hospital initially once he had had CT scan and lvarios tests and had been given his other health issues he was transferred to North Tyneside Hosputal for up to 7 days observation. Unfortunately they at first didn't realise what he had and we're talking about dementia! So although I have passed information to them it appears they are just rightly interested in the bleed. I feel he will be sent home and the issue of him falling hasn't been resolved
Should I ask to speak to his doctor although in the evening I spoke to on call doctor. I and my family are frustrated. I don't want any at the hospital to feel I amcomplaining
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

The skull and the cranium are the same thing, I presume you want to say the brain and the skull?

Epidural or subdural hematoma?