Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have developed a pain in my left shoulder blade/arm over

Customer Question

Hi, I have developed a pain in my left shoulder blade/arm over the last week and now there is a slight numbness as well. I went to doc on monday. He did ECG to rule out heart and it was fine. He said it must be musel. He gave me difen to take. They had no effect on pain, if anything it has got worse. It gets extreamely uncomfortable when I drive and I couldnt sleep last night. I do have a bulged disc in my lower back which affects my left leg in a similar way when it flares up. Could I have another bulged disc in my neck? cant think of anything I did to damage it. Any advice on what I should do about this?
Patrick
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes of such pain may include Cervical spondylosis/stenosis-nerve compression in it's path due to osteophytes formation from degenerative arthritic changes,bulged disc in neck.

Adhesive capsulitis

Tendonitis.

You should see an Orthopedist or Neurologist for a clinical examination and undergo X-ray/MRI of cervical spine and shoulder joint.

As you had already tried anti-inflammatory medications with little relief so your doctor may prescribe opioid pain killers,steroid injections for pain management.

Physical therapy can be tried.

Warm compresses with a heating pad on affected area and back of neck.

And make an appointment with doctor.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.