DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have recently developed a condition where I need to

I have recently developed a condition where I need to urinate every 2 hours and at night when lying down it feels like I need to urinate all the time. During the day when I urinate the flow is normal and not painful, just not much volume I assume due to the frequency. I have been tested for a UTI and it was negative, do you have any idea what it could be.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

What tests have been done ?

Do you have any other medical problem or are you taking any medicines ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A urine test. No other medicines or medical conditions. I would also add the sensation when lying down is in my penis rather than bladder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Sorry for the delay

I would suggest that you should have a digital rectal exam and an ultrasound for prostate. Enlargement of prostate can lead to such symptoms. So an ultrasound for prostate will help in finding out the exact size of your prostate gland.In the initial stages of prostate enlargement symptoms can occur at night only

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to pee far more regularly during the day but the feeling of needing to go is constant at night. The worry is cancer, is that a possibility?

Can you please clarify which cancer you are worried about ? I can address your query if you provide this information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prostate cancer

The usual age group in which such cancers occur is 60 years and above although exceptions can occur. The good thing is that you have normal urinalysis. As I have mentioned this need a digital rectal examination and ultrasound first of all. Rectal examination will find out any abnormality in the size of prostate. If it is normal then chances of a tumor related to prostate are very low

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would have showed in the urinalysis if it was cancer?