Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

We are visiting a newborn granddaughter in Australia and are

Customer Question

We are visiting a newborn granddaughter in Australia and are asked to get a whooping cough injection before we go - how do we get this?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

You can get the required information and appointment on the following website.

http://www.londonvaccinationclinic.co.uk/travel-vaccinations/pertussis-travel-vaccine/

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked at the website - fine if I lived in London. I am in Leigh, Lancashire WN7 3NH is there anywhere closer?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

You can visit the following website for Lancashire.

https://www.citydoc.org.uk/citydoc-darwen-lancashire/

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have contacted citydoc, their reply "Unfortunately Our services does not provide the Whooping Cough Vaccination.
"
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

The nearest center for you which offer wooping cough vaccination may be the following,

Independent Family Health Ltd

Calderbank Medical Chambers

*****/p>

Didsbury

Manchester

M20 3QD

Appointments: 01625 441630

website; http://www.ifhealth.co.uk/

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have phoned the number you gave for IFM but got a recording saying that messages left may not be picked up. I therefore emailed them but have not yet received a reply, I am not hopeful as their web site says "There is currently no single vaccine available for Pertussis".
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr.Customerand pleased to help you. Please phone IFM again on Monday, , maybe the office hours where over already.

There is indeed no single vaccine available vor Pertussis, but it is completely safe to vaccinate against Diphteria and tetanus at the same time. Even if you had the latter not long ago. This is how we do it all over Europe since more than 6 years, and we have this multivalent vaccine available.

Have a nice trip to Australia!

A friendly feedback by clicking 3 to 5 stars would be appreciated.

You have read my answer but didn't rate positively yet. If there is any question still open, feel free to ask!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have again tried to phone LFH (during office hours) and now get the message "SORRY THIS MAILBOX IS FULL"

I am very sorry that the service in your area is so poor! I would ask your GP for help, he should have the trivalent vaccine or at least know where to get it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that before coming to you!

Dis you ask for a vaccination ONLY against whooping cough or were you ready to take a multivalent vaccine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't specify - at the time I was unaware that it was only available as a multivalent vaccine.
I will try them again.

This is what I wanted to suggest.