Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Dear Dr love... many thanks for your answer, it is very

Customer Question

Dear Dr love... many thanks for your answer, it is very thorough.
I cannot see a way to reply specifically to your answer so I do hope this reaches you.
Please could you explain what the meaning of the labs diagnosis of Dyslipoproteina type 2 is.
many thanks
Ginny
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Cholesterol and triglycerides are not just in the blood, by themselves. like most other substances. Since these are fats, they would tend to separate, like oil and water. To be able to carry cholesterol and triglycerides, they are carried in what can be thought of as protein envelopes, and the combination of fats and proteins are called lipoproteins.

Dysliprotinemea indicates that the lipoprotein levels are abnormal. The type refers to the pattern of abnormality of the lipoproteins. However, the management is guided by the actual numeric levels of the various lipoproteins (LDL and HDL) in the context of the clinical situation, not the type. So, you and your doctor will really focus on the actual numbers.

If you can provide the specific numbers, then I can comment further.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dear Dr Love
That is very interesting ... here are the results.
total cholesterol 3.21 from 2.6
HDL cholesterol .74 from .83
Chol total / Chol HDL 4.34 from 3.25
LDL 2.04 from 1.58
Triglycerides 2.14 from 1.46Thank you
Ginny
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also do you think there is any correlation betwen my new blood results and my pain ?

No, there would not be any correlation between these lipid values and your pain.

As for the actual numbers, none of these values are so bad that it is recommended to treat with medicines. Of these values, the primary numbers that can stand to be improved are the triglycerides and the HDL cholesterol (which is the good cholesterol, so it is better for it to be higher). The recommended intervention for values at this level are to be eating a healthy low-fat diet and getting a greater amount of regular aerobic exercise.