Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My husband has a mole on his face, which changed in last few

Hi, my husband has a mole on his face, which changed in last few weeks, so he went to doctor and he will have probably biopsy in 2 weeks. I tried to research melanoma plus different mole conditions and I am hoping that you could tell me a bit more of how it looks like to you. I understand you can't say surely anything from seeing it, but at least if you could tell what usually these moles are. I checked for normal melanoma abcde guide, but it doesn't seem so, as it didn't increase horizontally in size at all, only got thicker, it also seems to be fading in colour, which I read melanomas don't do. Then I read about nodular melanomas, as those do increase in thickness, but I couldn't find any that would look similar to my husbands. I am truly hoping it's only seborrheic keratosis or something like that, as between pictures of those I saw some similar. I am sending pics 5 months before, that's how his mole looked all his life, he is 46. One week ago it got thicker and today we noticed its brown colour is fading and top is a bit Wart like, Wart part also seems a bit detached from skin. It has strong borders, so that's OK as well, not irregular. Changes in his life I'd mention he got very burnt in May (other than that we are never on sun, it was only once), his immunity system is not the best, ***** ***** regular boils on legs, most of his life, which are treated usually by antibiotics and then dissappear. He doesn't have any swollen lymph nodes or something like that. He takes Fertilsan last 2 months, which is for fertility and might have impact on men's hormones (I read moles might change when hormones change or where is low immunity). I am just scared to death for him, but when I am checking pics online, there is so many skin and mole types, that I am very confused and don't know if it could be dangerous nodular melanoma or just something normal. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just sent you 4 pics, hope it will help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
One more thing, you can't see on picture from 5 months ago, but the mole was never completely flat, it was a bit thicker, just not so thick as it looks right now.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oops sorry, size is 8mm, it always was that size.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it does look a bit like a wart.

it has some cauliflower qualities on the top now.

that is good he is seeing a doctor and will get a biopsy

my money is that the biopsy will show it is not a melanoma

I bet it is still a benign mole or a wart possibly.

let me know if you have questions.

I work as a cancer doctor who treats patients who have melanoma.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much for answer. It certainly look like a Wart, but can as you can see picture from 5 months ago it was a mole before, in fact all his life, so is it possible, that mole changed to wart? Thank you.

you are welcome.

yes, I saw the photo from 5 months ago

there seemed to have been some pigmented area around the mole before which seems to have disappeared.

a wart can grow on a mole.

see the doctor and get a biopsy of the area

I bet it will not show melanoma cancer.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician