Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
62460980

I dislocated my shoulder on august 27 2016. it was

i dislocated my shoulder on august 27 2016. it was successfully put back in place at A&E. it is now several weeks later and i still do not have full movement back in my shoulder. i can lift it forwards and backwards but lifting it laterally is very very difficult. i have a few questions:
1 is it possibly that the reduction of my shoudler could have been done incorrectly? - as in put back in slightly the wrong place therefore preventing full normal movement.
2. is the reduced movement just due to swelling and i will regain full movement eventually?
Expert:  Daniel Sheibley, MD replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that a piece of bone and or cartilage was broken off into the joint causing pain and locking which keeps you from full range of motion. You need an MRI of the shoulder to determine if there is any permanent derangement. An MRI is the only thing that can provide a definitive answer to your question.