Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am 73 yrs old. Have had swollen ankles for at least

Customer Question

I am 73 yrs old. Have had swollen ankles for at least 3months. GP sent me for ECG and EchoCardiograph and I have been diagnosed with mild LV diastolic dysfuntion and mild mitral and tricuspid regurgitation. However my ankles are still swollen, painful and constant feeling like blood is gushing in the lower limbs (such as when sitting awkwardly circulation is cutoff and on standing you feel your blood gushing back). My feet and hands are constantly cold. Worried in case I have a blood clot. May I have your advice please
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

It is very unlikely for a blood clot to happen on both sides and cause swelling of both the ankles.

I personally think that you have peripheral oedema which could be related to your heart problem.

This can be solved by taking a water pill that functions to remove excess water out of the body via urine.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards