Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I think I am suffering from anal fissures. Couple of months

I think I am suffering from anal fissures. Couple of months ago we had anal sex with my partner. During the process everything was okay but a couple of hours later I experienced pain and when I went to the toilet there was bright red blood on the toilet paper. After that I had that same think happening to me couple of times after going to the toilet. After a couple of days the pain and blood stopped but a couple of days I go I experienced the same think again. What should I do about it?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you very much

Yes, you are right this is most likely anal fissure but hemorrhoids needs to be ruled out on physical examination. A visit to a doctor for physical examination would confirm the diagnosis. I would recommend you to increase fiber in your diet (psylium husk) , Laxative would be of great help. If you have pain then apply lidocain gel around anus as it would relieve pain. Glyceryl trinitrate ointment is to be applied as well in case it does not heal but confirmation of the diagnosis is mandatory before that.

I hope this would help.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't feel any pain actually except when I use the toilet! to be honest the pain is gone completely today. My only concern is when would you suggest it will be best to become sexually active again with my partner?

Thanks for reply.

That is great if your pain settled down you can resume your sexual activities till bleeding completley stops. Avoid anal sex till that time.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you very much for your help!

My pleasure to help you.