Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

58 YR OLD MALE WHO HAS A HARD LUMP IN BETWEEN MY TESTICLES

HI, I AM A 58 YR OLD MALE WHO HAS A HARD LUMP IN BETWEEN MY TESTICLES FOR THE LAST 12 MONTHS, I HAVE HAD A BIOPSY DONE RECENTLY AND THE SURGEON HAS SAID THAT ITS NON CANCEROUS AND THAT IT IS NOT ATTACHED TO ANYTHING. HIS MAIN CONCERN IS THAT IT WILL IN TIME BECOME A PROBLEM WITH THE URETHRA OR COULD EFFECT THE PENIS OR OTHER MAJOR ORGANS IN THE SCROTUM. ON MY LAST MEETING WITH HIM HE SAID DURING THE BIOPSY PROCEDURE THE MASS IS EXTREMELY HARD. HE SAID THAT IT COULD OF BEEN CAUSED BY AN INFECTION AT SOME STAGE, BUT REASONS UNKNOWN. HE SUGGESTED TO HAVE IT REMOVED AND A PROCEDURE DATE HAS BEEN SET. HE SAID IT MAYBE A TWO DAY STAY IN HOSPITAL DEPENDING IF A DRAIN IS REQUIRED, IF NOT ONE DAY STAY. IT IS NOT A PROBLEM TO ME BUT IF I DISTURB THE MASS IT BECOMES VERY SORE AND TENDER AND NOW MOST OF THE TIME I CAN FEEL A TINGLING SENSATION IN THE SCROTUM. THERE WAS QUESTIONS I MEANT TO ASK HIM AT OUR LAST DISCUSSION BUT THEY WENT COMPLETELY OUT OF MY HEAD SO THIS IS WHAT IS CONCERNING ME. HE SAID THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE QUITE A LARGE INCISION HAS SOMETIMES THESE MASSES CAN BE DEEP. ( IN YOUR OPINION WOULD HE NEED TO MAKE A LARGE INCISION HE SAID ABOUT 4 INCHES.) ( HOW LONG WILL THE OPERATION TAKE AND HOW WILL I FEEL AFTERWARDS) ( HOW LONG SHOULD I NEED OFF WORK I AM SELF EMPLOYED) (WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT THE NAME OF WHAT THE MASS IS) I HAVE READ SOMEWHERE EPIDURAL MASS?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

sorry your doctor found a mass between your testicles.

that is good the biopsy showed it is non cancerous.

the biopsy report and ultrasound can give more information about what the name of the mass is.

it could be paratesticular fibrosis mass or scar tissue formed to sperm called sperm granuloma.

I bet the incision is only 4cm in length, not 4 inches.

you should feel fine after the surgery

you may need 1-2 weeks off work, but you may be able to go back to work after 1-2 weeks

let me know if you have questions.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you would like me to call you.