Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I went to see the same escort for sex. First time we just

Customer Question

I went to see the same escort for sex. First time we just embraced our naked bodies together on the bed. Whist the escort went to get the condom I ejacujated early on the bed then I went no further. No sexual contact was done. I may have kissed one of her breasts.
Then next day I went to the same escort. Got undressed but before going on to the bed I walked away again without any sexual contact. I feel a sensation in my penis. Is this STD or tension? Am I at risk of STD? Do I need to be tested. Simon
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There is absolutely no risk to kissing her breasts. The only risk that may be present from embracing your naked bodies together would be if there was direct external contact of your genitals. There are some STDs that are transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, such as herpes and HPV. So, if there is genital-to-genital contact without penetration, it is possible to transmit one of these germs. It is not as risky as a standard sexual encounter, but transmission can occur. If there was no genital-to-genital contact, then there is no risk from embracing your naked bodies.

There is no risk from the second encounter, since there was no sexual contact.

Neither encounter would entail any risk for the remaining STDs, such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, or HIV, as these germs are only a risk if there is penetrative sex.

If there was genital-to-genital contact, a sensation in your penis is a vague symptom, so is not a concern for either herpes or HPV. The only reason to be concerned about herpes would be the development of sores on the penis or the genital skin. A burning or tingling sensation may occur for a day or two before the development of sores, but if sores never develop, there is no reason for concern about herpes. The only reason to be concerned about HPV would be the development of wart growths.

Even if there was genital-to-genital contact, you do not need to be tested. The current recommendation is to only consider testing for herpes if symptoms develop. There is no test that is effective for detection of HPV in males.

So, in summary, there may not be any risk if there was no genital-to-genital contact. But if there was genital-to-genital contact, there is a small risk of transmission of herpes or HPV, but there is no need to be tested unless sores develop.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Love. Thank you for your reply to my message regarding my fears of contracting STD 's from embracing an Escort naked early last week. The escort was as I said earlier was naked too.
Even though we embraced I am almost sure that no external genital to genital contact between us. But I am not 100% sure!! I am still concerned about my discomfort in my penis. Is it just worry, tension or an STD symptom. I will go for a test soon. How long shall I leave before I have the test? I went last Tuesday and Wednesday to see the same escort. Can I leave it until after next weekend?
I look forward to forward to hearing from you soon.Best wishes Simon Williams

As I said above, there can be some burning or tingling for a day or two before the onset of herpes sores, but if no sores develop, there is no reason to be concerned about this discomfort being due to an STD. In that setting, it may be due to worry or tension, but it would not be an STD symptom.

The time for testing depends upon the test. If you develop a sore, then a herpes culture can be done of the sore, although preferably on the first day or two of the sore. so from the perspective of timing, you should go whenever the sore occurs. However, if no sore develops, the only test that can indicate that no herpes was transmitted would be a blood test for herpes antibodies, and this is the test that takes some time. For this test to rule out the possibility of herpes transmission, it would need to be done 3 months after the potential exposure. It may be positive sooner, but for a negative test to be accurately negative, it would need to be 3 months after exposure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Love
Where do the herpes sores appear. So far I can see no sores.I look forward to forward to hearing from you soon.Best wishesSimon Williams

They can appear anywhere on the genital skin, although most often on the penis, itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr Love .
Just thought on. Something that I for got to mention on my initial message to you . The escort herself got a tissue and wiped my penis - which was not erect at the time- when I ejacujated early on the bed. Would this be a factor in getting an STD?I look forward to hearing from you soonBest wishes
Simon Williams

No. This would not involve any risk of transmission of any STD.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Love.
Can I see how things go in the next 2/3 days and get back to you on how I am?I look forward to hearing from you soon.Best wishes
Simon Williams

Certainly.

Even after giving a positive rating, if you think of a follow-up question days later, the system will allow you to ask the follow-up question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Love
Will I have to pay again for this service?I look forward to hearing from you soon.Best wishes
Simon Williams

Not for that. The follow-up questions in the same thread are included in the payment for the original question.

If there is a separate question, that should be posted in a new thread and would involve an additional payment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear ***** .
I am planning to go for a test at my local hospital on Thursday morning. Should I go or shall I wait to see what happens?I look forward to hearing from you soon.Best wishes
Simon Williams

I am sorry for the delay, but I was away from the computer.

They would only be able to perform a test for herpes if there are any sores present, so it would be reasonable to see if any sores develop between now and Thursday.

Otherwise, you would need to wait until the blood tests are accurate, which as I said above would only be accurate after 3 months.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Love.
From the information that I gave in my initial enquiry to you and subsequent messages to you what risks do I have that I will need to have a blood test for in 3 months time? . At the moment I can see that I have no herpes sores .
I look forward to hearing from you soonBest wishes
Simon Williams

There are no studies that have determined the numeric risk of genital-to-genital contact, since there are many differing degrees of contact. However, the overall risk of a single encounter of penile-vaginal sex is about 0.05%, and it is reasonable to assume that the risk of genital-to-genital contact is substantially less than this.

Regarding whether you will "need" a blood test, as I said above, the current recommendation is to only consider testing for herpes if symptoms develop. The only reason to consider blood testing in someone without sores is to relieve anxiety, and only you can know whether you are sufficiently anxious to warrant blood testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Love.
I am now unable to go for a test this morning at my local hospital. I am worried that I may have caught gonorrhoea or something.
Is OK for me to go a a test for this next Tuesday or Thursday? I will not be too late for it to get treated should I have caught gonorrhoea?
Simon Williams

Yes, a test for gonorrhea can be done at any time after a couple days. It will not be accurate immediately after an encounter, as it takes a day or two for the germ to grow to detectable levels, but will be accurate thereafter. It can be treated whenever it is detected, so it will never be too late to treat it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr LoveAfter 3/4 weeks since exposure with the escort ànd I have been diagnosed with gonorrhoea can I be cured with medication?I look forward to hearing from you soon.Best wishes
Simon Williams

Yes, it can be cured with medication.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Dr Love
What kind of medication is it to treat gonorrhoea?I look forward to forward hearing from you soon.Best wishes
Simon Williams
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 12 months ago.

It is called Rocephin.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Dr Love
Does Rocephin have bad side effects? I live with my dad & I don't want him to know that I am taking it. I also take other medication.I look forward to hearing from you soonBest wishes
Simon Williams

You don't have to worry about side effects until you know whether you have gonorrhea.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Dr Love
I still have this sensation when I am urinating in the toilet. So I am convinced that I have gonorrhoea.I look forward to forward to hearing from you soon.Best wishes
Simon Williams

Then go get checked.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Dr Love
Before I get it checked one final question. Can you get gonorrhoea from non sexual contact ie no sexual intercourse?I look forward to forward to hearing from you soonBest wishes
Simon Williams

I answered this above.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Dr Love
I have been for a full test this morning at my local hospital. I will hearing the results within 2/5 weeks.Thank you for your help and support. I will let you know what my results are when the comelBest wishes
Simon Williams

Very good.