DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

About 2 1/2 years ago I had microscopic blood in my urine

About 2 1/2 years ago I had microscopic blood in my urine and had an ultrasound scan and saw 2 urologists . Because the level of blood was very small and the scan showed nothing I was advised that I did not need to have a cytoscopy , that the chances of there being a tumour were less than 1% , and that menopausal women often have microscopic amounts of blood in their urine . I suffer from extreme health anxiety, I have not checked my urine since then 21/2- 3 years ago , am I right in thinking that if I have no symptoms and no visible blood in my urine that I am probably fine , that had they missed something all that time ago it would have progressed by now . I am loathed to go and be tested unless it is advisable , my urologist did not recommend for me to come back unless there was visible blood . If I had cancer 2/3 years ago it would have showed visible symptoms by now don't you think ? Please can you advise . I really don't want to have any health screening unless absolutely necessary as it kicks off my health anxiety again. Many thanks .
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thanks for asking

The chances of something serious like a cancer are very unlikely . If there would have been anything of concern it must have progressed by now. I think that you does not need to worry about it . Only if there is visible blood in urine or you develop any symptom related to urine then you will need an evaluation. If anything you can do to make it absolutely clear that there is nothing of concern a urinalysis will be helpful. But as I stated this does not seem like any serious issue to me

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much

you are welcome

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question