Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Have had celliutus on my left leg for the passed eight weeks

Customer Question

Have had celliutus on my left leg for the passed eight weeks have had it a while but not as bad as this l have been in and out of hospital for tests sometimes it is a water infection some times bacteria and l have take penicillin for it this time Flucloxacillin 500g 4 times a day l have come out in a bad rash since going on them so don't know if l should stay on them or not l also have a luminous green screen swollen like blisters and the smell is disgusting the nurse mentioned it could be something else l did not catch the name the pain can get unbearable as l am in a wheelchair it does not help when walking it is like slow torture no body seems to know what to suggest it just goes on an on and on its the pain that bothers me Have you got any suggestions that might help with the pain l would be so grateful
Sheila
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should see a doctor right away

and get your skin evaluated and a skin culture to check for bacterial infections which can be resistant to certain antibiotics.

MRSA (methacillin resistant staph aureus) can be a skin infection which can be resistant to certain antibiotics.

you may need stronger or different antibiotics depending on what the skin culture shows

you may need to consult with an infectious disease doctor about your infection as well

your case sounds complicated.

you best to call up 911 and get yourself to the ER or emergency room to see a doctor right away to assess your leg infection.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have had a few swabs taken some have come back with a bacterial some have been clear but its the pain never ever had it like this before going to ring doctor tomorrow new swab was taken Saturday waiting for results
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
excellent

I see

you may need stronger pain medications to help your symptoms.

do you have any pain medications to take?

that is good you had a new skin swab test taken. it will be important to get those results.

good idea to call up your doctor.

you should work on elevating your legs up if you can above your heart to help decrease swelling in your legs.

thanks for that.

do you see the ratings area?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Had a deep swab taken at the hospital they have found a load of different bacterias fighting as they say here l have to get another one taken tomorrow just to make sure and they can then start treatment makes me feel good its gone on since July and at last they have found something at least l know its not me going loopy
Will keep in touch with what is happening

you are welcome

I hope this infection gets better

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Dr David
Just received letter from hospital it says l have multiple pressures sores contaminated with methicillin-susceptible strain of Staphyloococcus aureus chroniclatin Lymphoedema of calves mostly right side Systermic hypertension chronic kidney stage3
Hypercholesteroaemia on simvastatin Folate deficiency with macroctia anaemia
Appointment has been made at skin clinic but check is been kept everyday and swab takenSheila Bradshaw

I see.

make sure they run antibiotic sensitivity testing on the staph aureus and see what antibiotics it is sensitive to.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will do that will keep in touch
Thanks for your help
Sheila

you are welcome.