Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I've been off lyrica for about 6 weeks now and in the last 4

Customer Question

Hi I've been off lyrica for about 6 weeks now and in the last 4 I have no appetite is this withdrawal or do I need to go back on them
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

I need some more information.

Why were you taking Lyrica?

Were you fine for first two weeks after stopping it?

Have you got any weight loss as well?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was prescribed lyrica for anxiety but felt fine to come off it a little weight loss but trying to eat bits just no desire for food

Thanks for writing back.

This is most likely to be a withdrawal symptom especially if you quit cold turkey.

You may consider getting back on it and then slowly coming off lyrica at the rate of 15-20 % a month so that your body adapts to lower level of drug in body.

Do you have any more questions.

If done do take a moment to honor my work and time by clicking 4-5 stars at the top of this page.

You can always come back to the thread if you forgot something.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Was on two antibiotics for kidney infections and now period is due but only got brown discharge still no appetite

Thanks for the reply.

Antibiotics are known to cause disturbance in menstrual periods and therefore the period may have been affected by the antibiotics you are taking.

The lack of appetite is likely to be due to pregabalin withdrawal and therefore you may consider getting back on it and then slowly coming off lyrica at the rate of 15-20 % a month so that your body adapts to lower level of drug in body.

Do remember to honor my work and time by giving a positive rating by clicking 4-5 stars at the top of this page.You can carry on the conversation regarding this topic even after you have rated the answer.