Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am a 60 year old male who had an accident resulting in a

Customer Question

I am a 60 year old male who had an accident resulting in a rotator cuff tear. This happened whilst I was carrying a table from a lock up when my foot became trapped in a hole and i fell and hit my arm and head on the table whilst my foot was still in the hole. I am 5ft 8" and weigh approximately 14st. Prior to this accident I had no problems with my arm whatsoever I have had a medical report compiled through my solicitor who believes that I could have made a pre existing asymptomatic rotator cuff tear symptomatic or that I made an existing small tear into a bigger symptomatic tear or tendon constitutional predisposed the tearing, but minimal trauma, progressing into a rotator cuff tear.
I don't believe that this is a strong medical report acting in my favour and am therefore seeking a further professional opinion to clarify that the accident was the cause of the rotator cuff tear that I sustained. I am willing to pay for a report should the need arise.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

we are doctors here at JustAnswers here to answer medical questions

we can't examine you and can't write medial opinion letters for you.

do you have a medical question I can help you answer?