Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am a 60 year old male who had an accident resulting in a

Customer Question

I am a 60 year old male who had an accident resulting in a rotator cuff tear. This happened whilst I was carrying a table from a lock up when my foot became trapped in a hole and i fell and hit my arm and head on the table whilst my foot was still in the hole. I am 5ft 8" and weigh approximately 14st. Prior to this accident I had no problems with my arm whatsoever I have had a medical report compiled through my solicitor who believes that I could have made a pre existing asymptomatic rotator cuff tear symptomatic or that I made an existing small tear into a bigger symptomatic tear or tendon constitutional predisposed the tearing, but minimal trauma, progressing into a rotator cuff tear.
I don't believe that this is a strong medical report acting in my favour and am therefore seeking a further professional opinion to clarify that the accident was the cause of the rotator cuff tear that I sustained. I am willing to pay for a report should the need arise.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

we are doctors here at JustAnswers here to answer medical questions

we can't examine you and can't write medial opinion letters for you.

do you have a medical question I can help you answer?