Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

When I stand after periods of sitting I have pain in my left

Customer Question

When I stand after long periods of sitting I have pain in my left lower back area which is getting worse, however when I walk or move around it goes compketely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had this pain for about a week and it is getting worse, I have recently returned to the gym after surgery and have started swimming. I also do 40 mins walking on the treadmill, could the swimming have caused this. Before my surgery I regularly did Pilates, aqua aerobics and walking. After walking around a bit it goes. Only returning after periods of inactivity.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

How old are you?

what type of surgery did you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a bladder repair but that was in April and I have since had the all clear.

How old are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
67 female weight 166ibs generally very fit and healthy, dieting to lies weight. No pains normally.

I would get some xrays

At your age, I would be worried about osteoporosis of the spine

This is very common and very likely in your age group

let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com

Please don't forget a positive rating.

I appreciate it. :)

if you have more question, just reply