Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I'm 2weeks late for my period. Taken 4 negative pregnancy

Customer Question

I'm 2weeks late for my period. Taken 4 negative pregnancy tests and my upper back and left hip are killing me with pain. Can it al be linked? Also I have the microgynon pill I was hoping to start on my next bleed wilhich obviously hasn't started yet, if I started the pill should it regulate so that I have one next month
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

As such there can be a variety of causes of missed period like hormonal imbalance, weight changes,,PCOD,thyroid dysfunction, ovarian cyst.
If you have history of unprotected sex in your mid cycle then blood pregnancy test should be done.

I wouldn't recommend to start microgynon pill.

And you should consult your gynecologist for a clinical examination and if there would be no pregnancy then your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce period and further investigations like ultrasound ,blood work like Thyroid function test, LH ,FSH etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.

Then after microgynon pill should be taken to regulate your monthly cycle.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I ring my gp practice can a nurse fulfil my blood test without me consulting my dr? I keep ringing my Drs for appointments they can never get me in

Thanks for the follow-up.It’s my pleasure.

Registered nurse can order testing.

You should consult your nurse and then get an appointment with your doctor or gynecologist.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.