Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I Have been injected with some kind of epi pen adrenalin at

Customer Question

I Have been injected with some kind of epi pen adrenalin at work several times this past weeks, on my head and body: hand and thighs, what is the best test that woud show .I have been unable to go back to work for 6 days now.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There is no test that can readily detect the use of EpiPen days after the use. The epinephrine has a very short half-life, so blood tests to measure epinephrine would need to be done almost immediately after the injection to be able to detect the epinephrine. Metabolites of the epinephrine, called metanephrines, can be elevated for a longer period of time. These can be checked in blood tests or 24 hour collections of urine, but even these tests wold typically need to be done on the day that the drug was administered.

If it has been 6 days since the last adminstiration, there is no test that would be able to detect the drug.