Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm a 23 year old female and have a condition called Mrkh.

I'm a 23 year old female and have a condition called Mrkh. In the last few months I've drastically lost weight I've gone from a size 16 to a 10 and don't know why.. Also in the last 4 weeks have suffered with serious lower back pain.. It's not pain full to touch but it is excruciating when I bend over or straighten could this be linked and should I go and see some1
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

MRKH is sometimes associated with kidney abnormalities and also spine defects.

Given your symptoms, there is possibility of kidney infection or pyelonephritis. There can be kidney stone or obstruction as well.

Another possibility can be spine problem like herniated disc, spinal stenosis or pars defect causing nerve compression with bending.

You should get an abdominal scan to check for kidney problem, urinalysis and also spine xrays soon.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/