wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My GP says he can't diagnose Fibromyalgia. Do you know how

Customer Question

HelloMy GP says he can't diagnose Fibromyalgia. Do you know how you go about getting a diagnosis or tests to check for FibromyalgiaAlso my GP says he can't refer me to do a Nerve Conduction Studies/EMG test. He said the Hospital needs to do it, is this true?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

What are your symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
28 MaleI have a severe constant ache whenever I'm sitting down, it's on
the upper left side of my abdomen, next to my stomach and behind my left ribs, it's always in the same place.
This place hurts when I'm using my laptop or when I'm watching TV or when I'm sitting on the bus. Sometimes
I get sharp stabbing pain on the left side of my stomach. The ache seems to dissapear after I stand up.No other problems
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

The best way to get worked up for a diagnosis of fibromyalgia would be to consult with an internal medicine MD since your GP is unable to help you with this.

An EMG/nerve conduction test can be ordered by your doctor but probably does have to be physically done at the hospital or at a specialists office.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who diagnoses Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, a Rheumatologist or Neurologist?