DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 21 years of age, I have just taken my blood pressure

Hi, I am 21 years of age, I have just taken my blood pressure and my gym instructor seemed a little taken back by my result, should I be worried? My result was 156/95
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thanks for asking

This blood pressure is on the higher side . Although after exercising the blood pressure goes up and so is the heart rate but this is quite high. If you are not a known hypertensive and this is the first time this have come to your notice . You need to monitor and keep aneye on your blood pressure. You should have some investigations including kidney functions,urialysis,electrolytes,ECG and thyroid function to look for a possible cause of such raised blood pressure. Just recheck your blood pressure after an hour without any further exercise and if still stays the same do visit an urgent care facility near you.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was before I had done any exercise?

Thanks for the information

You need to go to urgent care

Also you will need to have the lab work uo to find the cause of your high blood pressure

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can things such as fat burners increase a BP because I had taken these about 2 hours before my BP was taken
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by urgent care do you mean my GP or A&E?

Thanks for asking

Fat burners can increase the heart rate and occasionally blood pressure as well but irrespective of the cause it is important that it should be treated at the moment. Your blood pressure is quite high specially the diastolic one so you have to visit an A&E

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks for your help