DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a question about STIs. A fees weeks ago I was

Hi. I have a question about STIs. A fees weeks ago I was accosted in an hotel by someone I quickly became aware was a prostitute who put her tongue in my mouth. Since then I have felt unwell. I have researched and seen that normally you cannot get an sti from kissing. But if she had infected sperm in her mouth could I have got an infection?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you mainly concerned about HIV ?

The STI,s which can be transmitted in such situations include mainly the oral herpes and even syphilis. For these diseases to spread there have to be active lesion in the oral cavity. The risk of transmission of HIV,HBV and HCV is very likely in these cases. In your case if there wasn't any oral cavity lesion in your partner oral cavity the chances of spread of any STI is very very unlikely.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I Seen to have chlamydia symptoms

What are your symptoms ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Could i have got it?

No it is unlikely to spread this way

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Nur is it possible?

Oral to oral is a very unlikely mode of spread. It can be transmitted by oro-vaginal and through normal vaginal and penile routes. If your partner has an oral chlamydia it can be transmitted. Can you tell me what are your symptoms ?

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Red penis tip. Some light coloured discharge. Sore eyes.

Thanks for the information

These symptoms definitely warrant a STD screening test. As I mentioned that the chances of transmission of infection this way are quite less but not absolutely zero. And knowing your symptoms you definitely need to get tested. Even if turned out to be a chlamydial infection there is nothing to worry about as it is completely curable with antibiotic therapy.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question