Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I had a bletharoplasty both upper and lower 2 and a half

Customer Question

I had a bletharoplasty both upper and lower 2 and a half years ago,, I have been left with constant pain, its a completely different kind of pain to any I have ever encountered a couple of doctors I have seen agree that it is some kind of nerve damage ,but cannot confirm this, it also feels as if something is grinding against my eye and that a suture is still in there causing a tight, pulling, numb feeling intensifying when I touch or massage from my hairline above this eye all the way down to the inside corner of my eye and nose, I explained this to my surgeon, he seemed to think it could still after a year rectify its self with icing,massage, and eye exercises which I did religiously and still do I have given up any hope of this getting any better, 2 and a half years on.
I have asked my GP if a scan or nerve induction study might shed some light on to what is going on deep within my eye, he didn't think it would help and offered to send me for pain managment which seems to me the end of the line when no one knows what to do with you.
I am at my wits end with this problem it has changed my whole life in every way, being in constant pain and feeling totally abandoned into which way to go forward.
I am hoping you can point me in the right direction, I am prepared to go private.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 12 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you have any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am on bendroflumethiazibe 2.5mg daily but apart from that I am a healthy 60 year old woman .
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have never used a site like this before, have I asked the wrong type of doctor my question?
I was expecting my question to be answered by a ocuolplastic surgeon, or eye specialist.