DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I had a colonoscopy at 1pm last Tuesday 5 days ago. I had a

Hi , I had a colonoscopy at 1pm last Tuesday 5 days ago . I had a small polyp removed. The week before I had a small polyp removed by sidmoidscopy. There are no concerns there is anything nasty. I am experiencing sharp on and off pains . Sometimes on left side , and in the right and a dull ache. I am not doubled over in pain ,no fever and eating ok. Do I need to be concerned about these intermittent pains ?
Many thanks *****
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Dear Patricia,

Sorry to hear about your problem

These kind of sharp pains can occur for a week or so after a polyp removal. If you are passing normal stool and have no blood in stool then you need not to worry about it as it is likely to settle. For pain you can take Tylenol as required.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating