Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have night sweats hot flushes and thigh cramp I'm 20 and

Customer Question

Hi I have night sweats hot flushes and thigh cramp I'm 20 and really down with it
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There are many possible causes of these symptoms, but the first concern would be to be certain that there is no infection or inflammatory condition and that there is good hydration. There is not much that you can do at home to check for infection or inflammation, and this would require seeing your doctor. However, there are interventions that you can do at home to help assure adequate hydration.

It would be good to be drinking plenty of fluids, which means about 2 to 2 and 1/2 liters of fluids per day. Electrolytes also are part of assuring hydration, and while your body will usually be able to get electrolytes from food, it also may help to be drinking fluids that contain electrolytes, such as sports drinks or fruit juices.

If hydration helps ease the symptoms, then that if fine, but if the symptoms persist, then it would be better to see your doctor.