wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I recently had a little chat with Dr Phil, (from this

Customer Question

Hi, i recently had a little chat with Dr Phil, (from this website) about High levels of Mucus or Phlegm at the back of my throat. it would be recommended if you could see our transcript before corresponding with me. our discussion was mainly about Choking on it, and he asked me if i thought if it was GERD or acid reflux. i told him i don't know and haven't seen a doctor this side of the internet (which i might) however i am really beginning to believe it's acid reflux, 2 days ago the phelgm was not really even there, all it was, was tight burps, but constantly. when i was told to drink Cherry coke by someone i know (because they thought it would get rid of it) it only make it 10x worse, things like Orangina helped.
which is a fizzy non-caffeinated drink. since yesterday it doesn't SEEM to be in my throat anymore but seems to be in my lungs. now i don't know, but i keep getting this feeling around the Trachea area. it doesn't feel in my chest but at the bottom of my throat. it feels like when you get Laughing hands (nerves in you hands start going wild and you can't grab things) i describe it as a sensitive feeling, Like a Spasm without the twitching and tourettes like behaviour. i am worried because i know if it's acid reflux it can lead to things like Pneumonia and Bronchitis, it also lead to emphysema and asthma.
i know antibiotics would barley shift it if it's got as far as my lungs and the only medication i have ever taken in my 26 yrs of life is erythromycin in liquid form (as i fear i would choke on tablets, especially when i have a throat problem) this problem only started when i eaten a fry-up which i know is not good for you and is full of grease.
when i eaten the fry up (not food poisoning) i started feeling sensitive in my throat.
then by tomorrow it's now more intense and in my chest, and then in my throat. the feeling can go away at anytime and come back. it seems as if the grease has attacked my nervous system and it's powered by mucus which is giving it the energy to cause high entropy, or something. it feels like a nerve, or something to do with my nervous system. there is multiple feelings when it comes to nerves but the best answer i can give is it feels like the kind you get in you hands. it could be trapped air or mucus.
how long does it take to develop things like asthma or pneumonia after having acid reflux? or the symptom i have described.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

I can not access your chat with Dr. Phil.

Can you copy/paste it here for me to review?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, well the Phelgm now seems to be back in my throat a bit, nothing like it was, i stopped burping as much as i did, and can have hours before i need to burp again (which i believe is triggered by the mucus) and the feeling seems to have gone, but can come back at anytime, it may be nothing but i feel it's connected to the problem. it might just be loads of mucus at in the throat, but nothing seems to be working, the only thing i haven't tried is medication, or lemon and honey. i know my diet could do with a change as well. sure i will paste the conversation i had between me and DR PHIL here.Can you Choke on Mucus in you throat when vomiting it up even if you not lying down providing it's thick enough.
like really, really thick. i have a clump sensation in my throat because of mucus, i wouldn't put it down to any
condition, just heavy mucus. i feel eveing it up is the best way buthaven't been successful yet. had it a week, and
never had it as long as before. it goes away sometimes a little bit, i might feel ill as it makes me feel like i
need to vomit then it returns in my throat. i was shaving round my adam's apple before the sensation occured. it
seemed i dislodged excessive mucus by doing so as i never had problem before hand. i know you can only break you
adams apple if cycling fast so i can't really see how it's a serious problem. i have tried ginger, water, steaming,
all useless. i feel vomiting it up is the only way. but like 2nd advice.24/09/2016 10:15
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD DoctorHello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.24/09/2016 10:21
I don't have any medical issues.24/09/2016 10:22
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD Doctordo you have asthma, allergies or acid reflux?24/09/2016 10:24
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD DoctorSo you just want to know if you can choke on this?well i want to get rid of it and was wondering if you got any tips? i wouldn't think it was acid reflux but can't be
sure. i do know i suffer from anxiety which obviously can be a trigger. i was thinking if antibiotics might clear it up.24/09/2016 10:27
yes one of the questions on my mind was is it possible for an adult male to choke on it and for it to be fatal in anyway
if someone was not present. i know about aspiration but i know that's people who usually are asleep. i have saw some
responses online who said that it doesn't fully block the airway so it's unlikely you can choke and die, but you can
choke and passout? was wondering if it was true24/09/2016 10:28
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD DoctorNo, this never really happens unless there is something wrong with the gag reflex or swallowing issues.Adult, healthy people don't choke on thisI would start to look for triggers. Allergies and GERD are common causes of this.Is this helpful?well you do restore my confidence. i do have a fear of things like vomiting, choking, fainting, because i suffer from
severe anxiety disorder24/09/2016 10:31
i got a silly little question, but as a doctor i am sure you won't judge me for it so i will ask it if you don't mind24/09/2016 10:33
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD DoctorNo I don't mind :)24/09/2016 10:34
I feel that i masturbate a lot, and i feel this has something to do with increasing my phelgm production. now i am
sure you will say there is no scientific evidence to support this, however i have noticed that when i have masturbated
a lot i get lots of phelgm in my throat, so i am trying to cut down on it. sure it's healthy but it seems to be
increasing mucus production. i have anxiety so maybe in some way it's trigger off my anxiety. i know masturbation
can relax you, but i do know sometimes adverse effects can happen.
i know anxiety is linked in someway to gut bacteria and there is many other things always being discovered in science.
was wondering if you got any guesses being a doctor why this is happening :)24/09/2016 10:36
i guess my poor diet also has roles to play in this, i eat a lot of dairy and my body will act poorly, so i suppose it
can act weirdly or different to normal situations.24/09/2016 10:38
i am not sure what part of the body you are specialized in or if you have enough knowledge to answer my question, but
i would still like an answer :)24/09/2016 10:38
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD DoctorWell masturbation increases parasympathetic nervous system tone. So this can cause mucous productionSo that is possible24/09/2016 10:39
it seems you know what you are talking about, most doctors would have acted like i was crazy or something :)24/09/2016 10:39
so do you recommend i cut down on it?24/09/2016 10:41
may you expand on what is a parasympathetic nervous system tone? not too familiar with that.24/09/2016 10:50
i don't have any pics of my throat or anything, it's not swollen or anything, it's just the feeling inside my throat
and the mucus excess that is the problem. i have found you helpfu
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you expand on the PNS? or get any links as
a connection between PNS and Masturbation?24/09/2016 10:51
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD DoctorIt is like the resting side of your nervous systemYour digestion increases, you make more saliva, etc24/09/2016 11:13
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD Doctorwelcome :)try to cut back and see24/09/2016 11:17
Ok, i will Cut back from the Masturbating and i will see what happens when vomiting up Well it's been a pleasant
talking to you Phil Mcgraw, Have a Good day! :)24/09/2016 11:26
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD Doctorhaha. No I'm not the real doc phil but i'm a real doctor:)
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for uploading your previous conversation with Dr Phil.

There is no need to worry that you will get any sort of pulmonary problem, such as asthma or pneumonia, from the symptoms you are having.

This seems to be another episode of your anxiety popping up.

You will be fine.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it sure is possible, if it doesn't clear, what do you recommend? Natural Medicine? Modern Medicine? Herbs? Old Remedies?
DO you think i should try Lemon and Honey or Vomiting if possible? getting a better lifestyle and eating healthy? I am a Student of Philosophy, Metaphysics, Quantum Mechanics, Biology, Computer Programming and Spirituality (i know i take on-board a lot) and they is something that we call Occam's razor or Ockham razor and it means the simplest solution most likely will be the correct one, and i think you've found it, because it seems in this case it is that one. you have been most helpful :)
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

I recommend modern medicine.

Do not force vomiting.

Glad I could help. I hope you feel better soon.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Don't worry i never force myself to be sick. i sometimes blow my nose hard which when after drinking and it triggers my gag reflex, i do not believe that is forcing but trying for me to be sick. i can't see harm in that. Modern Medicine? Ha-ha of course your a doctor. so what's on you mind doc? antibiotics that kind of thing? i of course have my own personal beliefs and as a bit of a conspiracy theorist, am skeptical of most medicines like anti-acids that kind of thing, to be honest Rick, i have only had erythromycin in liquid form in 26 yrs of my life. as a practicing Quantum Physicist and Computer Scientist (Computer Programmer) (and maybe later General Physician) who studies many metaphysical and spiritual teachings, i do believe most Natural remedies help, but haven't tried many. do you recommended any Vitamin supplements that might help the mucus clean up fast. I do lack Vitamin D and B12 (i have received b12 injections recently, Methylcobalamin and Adenosylcobalamin as a combination, as they are better than Hydroxocobalamin) so i wouldn't waste my time on the B12. And thanks for your personal subjective opinion on my health! it really is appreciated
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Have a good evening.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i'm not in America, it's night time here.... i did ask you about the vitamin thing, do you recommend vitamins? are you American?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
oh by the way, forgot to say i study sacred geometry, symbolism, numerology that kind of thing, i do look like a bit like ***** *****, but the younger version of him.... if i see a Extraterrestrial Spaceship, i won't forget to think of you....... (i hope you can take a joke)!!! Regards ***** *****!
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Thanks :)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok doc, thanks for recommending the Vitamins, i will buy some High quality Vitamin Supplements from Raymond Francis website who is a M.D doctor. i am a fan of his, and he tells his patients to lay off the Hard core drugs. my uncle is an African Shaman and he uses Holistic medicine to cure people, most docs are against it, but some aren't. Raymond and my Uncle is very experienced, he cured this woman riddled with cancer with Laetrile. and he also used his Shamanic healing. it worked.
Don't know if you are a Materialist or Open-Minded, but i think you should read my Uncle's book, it's a best seller.
Title: Open water from the spirit.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

I will look for it. Thanks for the reference.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Good News, the Problem seems to be shifting, No Modern Medicine Required. Here is the Link to the Book, save you looking for it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Water-Spirit-Ritual-Initiation-African/dp/0140194967/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1475360676&sr=1-1&keywords=of+water+and+the+spiritSorry if i was a little full on Before, the problem was very worrying, it seems like it's nothing, However having the Problem yourself is a very different story...
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

No problem. Thanks for the link