Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I suffer from a high number of falls mostly backwards due to

Customer Question

I suffer from a high number of falls mostly backwards due to dystonia and full body myoclonus jerking. I regularly hit my Cocyx hard, at times on concrete paths and suffer pain after and sometimes bruising but yesterday I hit it very hard on the raised ridge of a concrete fire hearth. Immediately the pain was intense across the entire bottom of my back from side to side and down both legs and I felt nauseous. Today my Cocyx is badly bruised including the area in between both buttocks and the area above is bruised and swollen, I also have pain in my left buttock and leg. Any movement such as bending, walking, standing up or even kneeling upright intensifies the pain despite ibuprofen. Is it possible that this time I may finally have broken my Cocyx as it suffers regular trauma? Should I see my GP this time, I am currently nervous of falling backwards and landing on it again whilst it is so painful and I fall backwards at least twice a week.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No