wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have episodes of fainting especially if poorly or recently

Customer Question

I have episodes of fainting especially if poorly or recently after a wasp sting
have been tested for Addisons disease which was negative but I still have problems even on medication i.e. fludrocortisone. have had conflicting advice and wonder what he cause could be?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How old are you?

M/F?

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm 64 yrs old and female.
Noticeable that I can remember after birth of son 21 years now .
Actual fainting once when I found myself in a pool having fainted no warning.
Since episodes of symptoms before fainting then repeated fainting day after I've had an injury like this wasp sting
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no other medical conditions- fit and well apart from at times symptoms as before faint i.e.
feeling sick, dizzy and sweating.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
before being on Fludrocortisone had to be very careful if getting up in middle of night or early morning as I could faint.
That is much better. It was scary before
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
could I have Addisons disease even though test was negative.

Thank you for that additional information.

From what you have posted, I do not believe you have addisons disease.

That being said, I think you would be best served to have a complete evaluation by the doctors at a large university teaching hospital. Why a teaching hospital? Because

At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS