Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Last night in the shower i noticed a very small nodule in my

Hi last night in the shower i noticed a very small nodule in my left breast it does move under my fingers and it isnt solid hard maybe a little firm but its the first i've noticed it. It feels ever so slightly tender to touch. I am pretty sure i am ovulating/or due to (however earlier in my cycle day 12) as i have other signs. Could this appear due to the hormones? I am not on birth control and no breast cancer history in my family. I find it difficult to determine whats a bad lump and what isnt? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

I just want to reconfirm that is it tender to touch?

Is there any overlying skin redness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Slightly tender no redness the skin looks normal. I need to put a bit of pressure on my breast to feel it
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Is there any swelling in your armpit on the same side?

Any recent loss of appetite, weight loss etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No swelling but maybe tenderness there (which i can get during my period and ovulation) no loss of appetite and no weight loss. I had a full blood count test a week ago and all was normal with that also.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your symptoms the breast swelling seems to be inflammatory. It can be the result of your ovulation. The possibility of cancer can't be ruled out just with these facts but clinically speaking, i don't think that it's cancer because;

1. It is tender. Tender swelling are due to inflammatory problems or related to hormonal changes. They are never cancerous.

2. You don't have any associated swelling in armpit.

3. You don't have family history of cancer.

4. You have just discovered the swelling.

There is another strong possibility that it can be due to fibrocystic changes. This is a benign problem and is related to hormones. I reassure you that there is no need to be stressed for cancer but as a precaution, see your doctor. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your reply. I have an appointment booked for Monday morning with my gp just to get it checked out. Would you say i should be seen sooner or would that be ok?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. Yes there is no urgency. You can safely wait till Monday. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards