wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My Husband has been informed that one of his work

My Husband has been informed that one of his work colleagues' young family members (to which my husband has been in direct contact with) has been diagnosed has having meningitis.
I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and this weekend I am hoping to attend a party at which other pregnant ladies and children will be present.
Is it possible that I or my husband could be a carrier or infected, and if so what are the risks to myself, my baby and others? Is there anything I should be aware of?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

The risk that you or your husband are infected without symptoms or are carriers due to the work exposure is very low.

You should be safe to attend the party and should not need any medical care or evaluation.

Of course, do not have direct contact with your husbands coworker....

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS