DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Recently I had a bout of vomiting. I was sick with water

Recently I had a bout of vomiting. I was sick with water too.I became dehydrated and my potassium was lower than in range.1. I would like to ask if there is any potassium which I could take if that happens again? Maybe in a way that doens't need to be taken with water if I might be sick.2. Is there any way to rehydrate if someone is not keeping liquids down, without needing a drip or without access to a drip?Thank you
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thanks for asking

You can take simple drink like Gatorade to hydrate yourself as it has got potassium in it. Simple fruits like Banana and Dates have a fairly good potassium content and can be used. At home you can also make a mixture of water,salt and sugar to htdrate as well. There are Oral rehydration solution available in market which can be helpful in such cases.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank youbut in a situation where someone is being sick and can't keep liquids down, is there anything?

You can take anti-emetic like Dimenhydrinate to relieve the vomiting

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question