wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am 26 years old and i live in Ireland. 10 years ago in an

I am 26 years old and i live in Ireland. 10 years ago in an accident i have lost complete vision in my left eye. I want to apply for a drivers licence as cycling everywhere is hard. Am i eligible to obtain an Irish licence with vision only in 1 eye ?
Thanks in advance.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HelloI am 26 years old and i live in Ireland. 10 years ago in an accident i have lost complete vision in my left eye. I want to apply for a drivers licence as cycling everywhere is hard. Am i eligible to obtain an Irish licence with vision only in 1 eye ?Thanks in advance

I am in the USA and in most States here, if you have normal vision (20/20) with or without glasses, as well as in normal visual field in your one remaining eye, you can normally obtain a drivers license.

Being blind in one eye is normally not a reason to be denied a drivers license in the USA.

Now. In Ireland?

I really don't know for sure :(

But...you could call the place that issues drivers licenses and they will be able to answer your question.

You might want to have a copy of your ophthalmologists report in-hand when you contact them so you can answer any questions they may have about your remaining vision.

But I bet you can get a drivers license from what you have told me here today.
Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS