Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Over the last few I have been producing less and less fluid

Customer Question

Hello over the last few I have been producing less and less fluid from ejaculation during sex and its at the point now where hardly anything comes out.is this just my age I am 56 and slightly over weight and am on Amalodopin to control my blood pressure ?
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,a low amount of semen can be cause by a prostate infection such as prostatitis, retrograde ejaculation,Benign prostate enlargement, ejaculatory duct obstruction, or low testosterone levels.

You will need a physical checkup. A rectal examination will help to diagnose a benign enlargement of the prostate.

Then you will need a lab examination of the semen and urine to rule out infection,serum testosterone levels.. An ultrasound will also be necessary.

See your regular doctor or get a referral to Urologist for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there any medication I can get over the counter if it is a prostate infection ?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Prostatitis is usually treated with antibiotics and other medicines prescribed by your doctor.

However you can try some self care measures if you have pain,discomfort while ejaculation,urination.

Take OTC Motrin.
Try warm sitz bath.

Get plenty of rest, and drink lots of fluids. T
Eat plenty of high-fiber foods, such as fruit, vegetables, and whole-grain breads and cereal to prevent constipation.

Straining to pass a bowel movement may be very painful when your prostate is inflamed, so use a stool softener if needed.
Be physically active. Sitting for long periods of time can make this problem worse. Exercise, especially aerobic exercise, seems to help.

Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and spicy foods such as hot peppers, chili, pickles,
Deep breathing, relaxation, light exercise.

And see a Urologist for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.