Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm suffering with terrible exhaustion, aching all over &

Customer Question

Hi there, I'm suffering with terrible exhaustion, aching all over & generally feeling unwell. I get terrible legs cramps throughout the night & quite often during the day. I seem to be bruising easily (but not black & blue), always seem to have a headache (possibly from being tired?). My glands are currently swollen on the back of my neck (not always), I've got a sore throat & i had 2 nose bleeds in successive nights a couple of weeks ago (non since). Always feel like i'm about to come down with the flu, but never progressing into even a cold.
I'm 46 year old female, currently taking Tamoxifen after grade 3 breast cancer diagnosed 3 years ago. Had lumpectomy & lymph node removal, chemotherapy & radiotherapy. Had been feeling really well up to a few months ago. Everything is now an effort. Can't get a GP appointment until 12th Oct... should i bother my breast care nurse or just wait to see the doctor?
Suzanne
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Whether it would be OK to wait a couple weeks to see your GP would depend upon the severity of symptoms. If the symptoms are more severe, then it would be better to be seen sooner, and accessing you breast care nurse would be fine. Another option would be to be seen at an Urgent Care Center or Walk-In Clinic. But if the symptoms are not as severe, it would be OK to wait until you can be seen by your GP.

There are many possible causes of these symptoms, but it would be appropriate to perform a more urgent evaluation when the symptoms are more severe.

If you are uncertain, then it would be better to be safe, and either contact your breast care nurse or be seen urgently.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,Unsure whether to contact the breast care nurse as i don't have any breast pain or other pain associated with the surgery, so unless it's thought that its a side effect of my medication, I'm not sure if that's the right route. Don't want to waste anyone's time.For me to try & make a GP appointment means I'm feeling quite unwell in the first place - i'm not a frequent visitor there. The aching pains i have, i can say they are "almost" as bad as the bone pain i had whilst on the second half of my chemo.Just want to go home & go to sleep all the time - trying to appear well & on top of the world, but almost feeling like i could just crawl on all fours as the effort is so great.

As I said, another option if the symptoms are more severe would be to be seen at an Urgent Care Center or Walk-In Clinic.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.