Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am on the microlite which was orginally givin for

Customer Question

I am on the microlite which was orginally givin for ploycystics but i had a scan of the womb done about three months ago and the gynae said i don't have poly cyctics , i had severe pain and my doc had bloods done and nothing was confirmed , the pain is gone with the pill but the bleeding is not heavey but there none the less, my sister had endometreoisis and had her womb removed at 33 years of age , i have three children and i am 35 years old
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 months ago.

You havent typed in any question so there is nothing to answer but I can make some comments on what you have written.

1. If you have had 3 babies and are only 35 years old, you do not likely have polycystic ovarian disease, especially as there were no findings on ultrasound exam.

2. You may have heavy bleeding that the birth control pill will control well.

3. Endometriosis runs in families. If your sister had it, you are at risk of about 50%. The pill will decrease your risk of developing it and of needing surgery.