Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a severe constant pain whenever I'm sitting down,

Customer Question

I have a severe constant pain whenever I'm sitting down, it's on the upper
left side of my abdomen, it's always in the same place. I showed the location of the pain to my GP and he said it's the spleen. This place hurts when I'm using my laptop or when
I'm watching TV or when I'm sitting on the bus. The pain is related to muscle movement and
positional. Sometimes I get sharp stabbing pain on the left side of
my stomach. The pain seems to dissapear after I stand up. I know it's not my stomach because when I eat, I can feel the food go down my system normally but then I sometimes get the upper left abdominal pain, it is different I can feel the stomach processing food and the upper left abdominal pain both at the same time, and they are in two different locations.1) Should I see a Neurologist or Gastroenterologists?
2) What tests would a Gastroentrologist do? I've had normal blood tests done and it all came out fine. I'm having an Ultrasound scan soon.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

I would suggest a GI doctor at this point.

That depends on what your physical exam and lab reports show. But she may want to do a colonscopy or endoscopy

Does thsi make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did legal research on case reports where the claimant won their claim regarding the injury they suffered from as a result of Hepatitis B vaccine. 5 out of 11 case reports I found were Nerve or muscle related. Do you think it's worth getting checked out by a Neurologist?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

If you are looking to file a claim I would first hire an attorney who has experience with lawsuits like the HepB vaccine case and let her set you up with a physician specialist. You do not want to see anymore doctors without your attorneys advice.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
For a Solicitor to look at my claim I need to have a diagnosed injury, so far I have none.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Then you may not be able to successfully pursue any sort of legal recourse.....

In this case your next best course of action would be to consult with a neurologist.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

And a GI MD just to cover all the bases....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you think I should go see a Neurologist and it the test comes out normal, then go see a gastroentrologist?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why do you think the upper left abdominal pain only be positional, like it doesn't hurt when I'm standing up or lying down, it only hurts when I'm sitting down. Does it sound like it's organ related or muscle related?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

hard to tell.....

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But I know it's not my stomach because when I eat, I can feel the food go down my system normally but then I sometimes get the upper left abdominal pain, it is different I can feel the stomach processing food and the upper left abdominal pain both at the same time, and they are in two different locations.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is a better description. I have a constant pain while I'm seated, which is focused in one specific area, on the upper left side of my abdomen. The pain isn't there when I stand up or lie down flat.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Would you like me to help you out with your concerns as the other expert has opted out?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
pleaseShould I see an Orthopedic
doctor and/or Rheumatologist for my left shoulder joint pain, which has a limited range of motion when I lift
weights in the gym, not in both shoulders at once, just the left, previously I had no shoulder problems,
I used to lift 100KG but now I get left shoulder joint pain when I lift 50KG and these started after
vaccination. There's a measurable loss in stamina before the vaccine to how I am now, I experience
breathlessness much earlier when I do cardiovascular exercise then before I had the vaccine. I have
chronic fatigue and it is not improved by getting rest. I have a dry persistent cough when there's
nothing to bring up.I have a constant pain while I'm seated, which
is focused in one specific area, on the upper left side of my abdomen. This area hurts while I'm seated
with my laptop or while I'm watching TV or while I'm seated on the bus. The pain is related to
muscle movement and positional. The pain isn't there with change of position i.e. Standing up or lying
down flat.I'm having an Ultrasound scan soon.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

For limited range of motion when you life your left shoulder you should see an orthopedic surgeon.

I would also recommend that if the ultrasound of the abdomen does not show anything that you should have a CT scan of your abdomen to have a look inside your tummy.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know it's not my stomach because when I eat, I can feel the stomach processing food
and the upper left abdominal pain both at the same time, and they are in two different locations.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2) Would a referral to orthopaedics or rheumatology be better?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

I think that orthopedic would be better as rheumatologists usually only deal with autoimmune problems.

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have joint pain in my little toes when I walk,
sometimes the right toes and sometimes the left toes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no external abnormality, it feels like a constant pain and it hurts when I walk but when I'm sitting down or sleeping the pain isn't there on my toes.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

For your joint pain and pain in the little toes the better doctor would be the rheumatologist but for your other problems I would prefer the orthopaedic.