wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I've got low leptin (8) my bmi is 34 my reverse T3 is 24 top

I've got low leptin (8) my bmi is 34 my reverse T3 is 24 top end of normal. I'm female 42.. what is going on? I was expecting a high leptin result.. but it's low ? .. does that mean that my body is in starvation mode and I'm still over weight by 20kg.. of course I can't loose weight. If I eat carbs I gain 1-2 kg over night. I'm grain, legume, egg, dairy free (5/95 ratio). I don't snack at night. I often don't eat till lunch time. My BP is normal.. resting pulse is 67-70bpm. I'm tired all the time, memory issues, foggy head.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi I was expecting an answer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi still no answer.. do I get my money back!!??
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No still need help. Thanks an endocrinologist who deals with reverse T3 issues
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
leptin
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Is your goal to loose weight?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've been trying to loose weight for years. I have struggled with my weight from my early 20's - eating the wrong things. I didn't know im gluten, dairy and eggs intolerance. I do now and have been mostly gluten free for about 3-4 years. Mostly Eggs and dairy free for about 6-9 months.
At the moment I'm steady between 93-94kg. Yes I want to loose weight, I have abdominal obesity, with a NAFLD (simple fatty liver) I don't drink or smoke. I follow a moderate carb diet. I exercise. After exercise I'm always tired .. yes I get a bit of an exercise buzz but it doesn't last long. I have 2 children 9 and 6 years (5 pregnancies) ..
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

The only way to loose weight, as you already know, is to eat less calories then you burn on a daily basis.

Sounds simple -- but is is oh so very, very hard.

I, too, struggled to loose weight....until I found a plan that worked for me.

I joined weight watchers and bought a fitbit.

The fitbit helped me to exercise more ( a lot more :) and weight watchers helped me to eat less on a reducing schedule that seemed painless for me to follow.....

I dropped 30 lbs in 5 months with, what seemed, very little effort.

Perhaps it could work for you??

Does this make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a high reverse T3.. which is blocking my metabolism.. my leptin is low .. my body thinks it's starving...I am on a diet, a low/ moderate carb diet, i don't eat, gluten, I'm on a low GI diet plan. I exercise 3-4 times a week I walk 8-10k steps daily. My weight fluctuates by 1-2kg .. I intermittent fast by skipping breakfast 2-3 times a week. My BP is normal my resting hR is 67 bpm (Fitbit)
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

in that case you need to get under the care of an experienced endocrinologist as well as a private nutritionist experienced with weight loss.

No matter how much your metabolism is blocked, once you calculate the rate at which you are burning calories -- and make sure to take in less -- you will loose weight.

Guaranteed.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's so funny. I have followed that advise for over 9 years .. I'm sorry but it doesn't work long term. Eating less and less as my metabolism slows, unsustainable! Exercising more, makes sure your body wants more calories. I eat about 1500 -1800 which is what the weight loss calculators suggest for my BMI.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

It does sound like you are going to need the help of an experienced medical team, dietitian and weight loss staff.

Weigh yourself Sunday morning. Then for the next 4 days do not eat any food at all; drink only water.

Weight yourself again on Thursday morning.

Let me know what the scale says......

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
a better endocrinologist would be of help.
I'm not quite sure what 4 days of no food would achieve apart from an empty digestive tract. Yes I'd probably weigh less, perhaps I'd be producing ketones. What results do you expect after a 4 day fast??! That I would fail ?I did a 4 day fast in hospital when I had my appendix out, I was on a drip and medication.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

I would expect that you would loose weight.

See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;)

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City