Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am going out of my mind and wondered if you could at least

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am going out of my mind and wondered if you could at least put my mind at rest? I am going back to see my GP but not until the 6th October (earliest I could get an appointment).
Over the last few years I have had bouts of Nausea and it can stay for a few months and then disappear, like it was never even there! Recently it has come back. I have had it ongoing since June of this year. What I am noticing also is that I am experiencing loose stools as well ongoing. I empty my bowels once a day pretty much, sometimes twice but is this still so not diarrhea? If it was I would be going all the time?
My issue is I don't know what to do and I can't afford to keep paying out on sites like this asking questions @ £30.00 + a time! Most recently paying to see a private GP to have a full physical examination and then blood tests £200.00!
Recently I have had a full blood count done, kidney and liver function and also calcium, these blood tests came back normal. I also had a stool sample taken and this was also analysed and came back normal. Is this a good sign that it is not something serious?
The private doctor said from the physical examination I seemed absolutely fine and his words "I can tell a lot from a physical and you seem absolutely fine" I guess reassuring but I am majorly stressing!
Have you any ideas and also do you think I should be worrying about cancer? I have no weight loss, no blood in my stools from what I can see but I am anxious, stressed and frustrated!
I don't seem to be getting anywhere and trying to get an appointment with my GP is hard enough, like two weeks notice to get an appointment, I then have 10 minutes and just seem to get told the same old things! The nausea/loose stools are probably down to your ongoing stress and anxiety - I do seem to be anxious and stressed a lot daily due to home and work like issues.
Darren
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

You do not have cancer.

It is nothing serious or anything to worry about.

If it were cancer, you would have already been in the heavens by now as a cancer left untreated for a long period of time would have already caused death.

So this is certainly not cancer.

I think that it is your anxiety that is getting the better of you.

I would also recommend that you should have a test for H. pylori and an upper GI endoscopy to consider infection with H. pylori which could be the cause of your symptoms.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It has been recommended that I should try speaking to a councillor about my anxiety and stress, do you think this would be a good idea?

I worry about cancer as it says possible symptoms of cancer are nausea and loose stools.

some days I do feel better and the nausea goes away but if I get particularly wound up, stressed and anxious it re-emerges! I tell myself that it's probably the anxiety causing problems but the irrational side of my comes out convincing myself that something is seriously wrong!

I can't go on like this as I have a young family and of course my day job to do! Also I can't keep throwing money at sites like this and private treatment outside of the NHS!

Darren

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Yes that would be a great idea.

I think that it certainly is your anxiety that is getting the better of you.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

I would appreciate it if you could rate me before you leave.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes no problem.

So in summary you do not think it is cancer or anything serious to worry about?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Yes it is not cancer or anything serious or anything to worry about at all.