wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a problem of receding gums especially on the lower

Hi I have a problem of receding gums especially on the lower set were both eating teeth where removed years ago on the right hand side the gum where tooth used to be feels almost gone my dentist says I am brushing to hard and enamel is going to but I use a soft head on my oral b tooth brush and I'm really gentle never set the sensor off I barley touch the teeth and I brush section by section for 2 minutes as it says to do I floss, I use a mouth wash with alovera because read that's good for gums could anything else be causing these problems. Note this is a dentist who said to me if my upper back teeth get problems she'll just remove them as to hard to work on.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you consult another DDS as it sounds a bit fishy to me that she would rather remove your upper back teeth then try to save them because "they are too hard to work on".

If this were true then Dentists would only treat the front teeth!

And, yes, brushing can cause gum recession...but so can a bunch of other things -- time to get a new doc.

make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS