Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I have a cyst on my right ovary and have to look out for

I have a cyst on my right ovary and have to look out for pain. Is my right ovary on my right hand side or my left hand side?

your right ovary is on your right-hand side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm having pain on my left hand side. I had a c-section 4 weeks ago but the pain from that had gone until this pain started yesterday evening.

An ovarian cyst as such does not cause pain, unless it gets infected, or there is bleeding in the cyst or if there is a sudden increase in its size. The pain that you are describing can be due to multiple reasons, most common f which are muscle or nerve pain. While doing a C-section the nerves in the abdomen are cut and the pain can be due to that. If the pain is more near the C-section scar, that this is the cause. Muscle pain can be caused by any surgery, and C-section is a major surgery. Combine the muscle involvement with the lack of sleep and hormonal imbalance after C-section, the pain can be intense in some people. Other rare possibilities are infection, internal bleeding etc.

I would recommend you to rest and take a mild pain killer. If the pain persists, then see your doctor. You might need a first-hand examination and investigations like an ultrasound

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will continue to rest and see my GP if the pain gets worse. It's only when I move from sitting/laying to standing so assuming it's muscle pain.

I think that sounds reasonable,

All the best,

Warm regards