wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My wife has gotten a new mole that is 2 or 3 years old. The

Customer Question

Hi, my wife has gotten a new mole that is 2 or 3 years old. The diameter is less than 6 mm and it's almost oval but her concern is that she think it got a bit darker and looking at it I think it has a slightly different shades from translucent pink on the borders to dark brown/black in the Centre. It even looks like a big in growth. I can send pictures if its possiable.I really would appreciate your generous advice.
regards
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Pictures would be very helpful. Please make sure they are in focus on the lesion.

Also, where on her body is this lesion located?

Does your wife have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Doctor, I'm sorry i just checked my mail. My wife is in good health she doesn't suffer an medical problem. It's located on her right side waist on the belt line. Please find attached photos of the lesion. And my wife has psoriasis I don't know if this info is useful.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry its on her lower right of the abdomen area
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information, the pictures and the measurements (cute ruler ;)

I doubt, given what you have posted, that this lesion represents something terrible like a melanoma.

But, the bot***** *****ne?

While I truly believe everything is OK and no intervention is necessary, It would be a simple thing to have her GP, or a dermatologist, remove the lesion completely. This way you and your wife would know exactly what the mole is and it would be gone.

Here, in the USA, you could schedule this minor surgery with a phone call -- I've heard it is harder to set this sort of thing up in the UK :(

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Dr. Rick...
It’s the only ruler we found at that time ;)
It's really a relief to know that we shouldn’t worry about it but I’d like to add one more thing. The lesion seems like there is something inside it (growth under the skin) and it has a small hole as you can see in the following attached images. I would like to know what type of skin growth is it because at first she thought it was a hair ingrowth and it definitely doesn’t look like a normal mole. And yes in my opinion everything in the USA is better than the UK.
Cheers :D
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the new pictures.

Unfortunately they are are very blurry :(

It is probably just a mole....nothing to worry about at this point.

But, of course a visit to your local dermatologist for an examination and possible excisional biopsy would remove all doubts and fears 110%