wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am taking alendronic acid 70 mg due to take 6th tablet on

Customer Question

I am taking alendronic acid 70 mg due to take 6th tablet on Monday I have soreness in my tongue and throat on right side I think might have been caused by tablet no.5 which got caught in loose denture and started to dissolve. Should I just postpone no. 6 and contact surgery or should I go to A&E?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

the one fosamax tablet that briefly got stuck on a loose denture should not cause you any long term problems.

There is no need, from what you have posted, for you to go to A&E.

You can take your next tablet as scheduled just watch so it doesn't get stuck on that wayward denture like the last one did.

You can mention this event to your MD on your next visit but, once again, I do not believe you need to contact Surgery on an emergent basis.

So. What is the take home message?

You will be fine :)

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks worried about swallowing as have been unable to eat properly and cool mush is not favourite. Did tip go through have had no notice from paypal
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Glad I could help.

And, nope, the tip did not seem to go through :(

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having problem is there anyway you can get me back to tippage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
e
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry having props with my kindle cannot get link to paypal as already rated how can I link to paypal to put tip through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Giving up will try bonus option
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

That is OK....thanks for trying :)