wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Over the last week I have developed a Linea nigra and am

Over the last week I have developed a Linea nigra and am definitely not pregnant and am not taking birth control. I have been diagnosed with bulimia and ptsd and take sertraline and trazodone. Is it cause for concern?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Can you upload a picture of the dark line?

Where on your body is it located?

What is your natural underlying skin tone color?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry I'm unable to upload a photo. It's a fairly dark line that runs from my navel down to my pubic area. I have fair skin. I have bulimia and ptsd and take 50mg sertraline, 50mg trazodone and prescription vitamin d tablets.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

In general I do not believe that this is a cause for concern.

Next time you see your OB/GYN have her take a look at it and see what she thinks.

You might want to take a picture of it every month so as to document any changes that may occur.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS