wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am an Egyptian MS patient since 2007, but on medication

I am an Egyptian MS patient since 2007, but on medication since June 2014 taking Tysbri infusion each month. I read about treating MS by plant based diet. I would like to know if this is possible and if so, Who in the UK can I visit for consultation in this regards. I will be visiting London from 4th to 10th of October. Many thanks in advance
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

These plant based diets have not been proven to be effective in the treatment of MS
I would counsel you not to do this.....

But, if you insist on changing over to this special diet then make sure you work closely with your MS physician and do not try this on your own.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sure, I understand and appreciate your honesty.
Now, I have another option. I have also heard about the functional medicine and was planning to visit Dr. Georges Mouton clinic in London. They are not neurologists and will not advise on something related to my MS medication, they do blood an urine testing then describe a plan to be healthy (Food, vitamins and life style) which they claim has excellent results on diseases?
Do you encourage me to go ahead with this?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

It can not hurt to visit with Dr. Mouton and see what he has to offer......