Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My dad is 71 he has had a brain bleed quiet significant, he

Customer Question

Hi my dad is 71 he has had a brain bleed quiet significant, he has high BP, had a stroke 11 months ago and is left paralysed, he has a fib heart defect aswell, Dr's say he is not suitable for surgery, he has loss of sight, swallow and slurred speech, what is his prognosis roughly, also what happens to the blood in the brain if not drained or treated, he is at risk of a 2nd bleed how soon could this occur if at all, today they started him on antibotic for infection, he is extremely tired aswell been tube fed
Thanks as you can imagine it's stressful time so I'm just looking for the cans and maybes as it all up in the air at moment,
Thanks Yvonne
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry about your dad.

it sounds like you are worried about if he gets a second stroke.

his proganosis is not good. but no one can say for sure how long he will live for

no one can predict if he will get another stroke or not and no one can know when.

his blood vessels could be very poor at his age with high blood pressure

the blood in the brain is very slowly reabsorbed by maintenance cells like macrophages cell by cell

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com