Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Last Sunday my vagina was very sore, burning and itching,

Last Sunday my vagina was very sore, burning and itching, then it seemed okay. Then Sunday night was up most of the night going for a wee. Monday morning I felt like I constantly wanted to wee but nothing and my vagina was burning up and sore. I went to my Doctor she told me my vagina was inflamed, and did not understand why I couldn't wee. She sent me to the hospital and they said I had rubbed away a layer of skin. They checked if my bladder was full and it wasnt. They took blood test and another doctor said I did not have an infection. I said so why do I keep wanting to wee. And why is my vagina itching and burning. The doctor said she wasn't told that, even though it was on her notes.S he said it sounds like thrush and gave me a prescription for pessaries. I have finished them and I am still itching, but not as bad, but now I am up all night weeing again. So I don't know what to do buy more pessaries or not , or wait ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

are you after your menopause? after menopause, your estrogen levels drop and you can develop dry vagina and itchy vagina from vaginal atrophy.

you should ask your doctor for vaginal estrogen cream

which can help vaginal dryness

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think my menopause has finished I still get hot flushes. My vagina isn't dry, so I don't think it's that because in addition I am going to the toilet every 5 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can not afford to pay an extra £34 for a phone call.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you could have overactive bladder muscles which can cause you to have to urinate frequently

you may benefit from overactive bladder medications like vescicare or other medications to help you not to urinate so frequently.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would that cause the itching and burning sensation also ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

frequent urination, frequent wiping of your vagina can cause the area to be very raw.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the itching and burning sensation ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

that can be from frequent urination and frequent wiping and making the area very raw.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com