Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I am 53, and recently went through a rough divorce, but in

I am 53, and recently went through a rough divorce, but in the end I found a very attractive, 37 year old girl, and we are getting serious. In the past I have had ED, (result of type 2 diabetes) which was usually helped along with viagra. Now though (following a 3 year dry spell) I am not able to reach climax. I also feel no sexual excitement, even though I am VERY attracted to my new girl friend. This has me very worried. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.

Orgasm has more to do with the brain than with the body.

So in most cases, inability to orgasm is psychological in nature could be related to the relations with the sexual partner or due to other stress factors like divorce also.

Performance anxiety can be contributing factor also.

But certain medical conditions can also cause inability to orgasm, despite achieving a good erection.

These conditions are thyroid hormone dysfunction, low testosterone level, certain hormonal problems, Male Orgasmic Disorder,diabetes.

So the first thing to start with are basics- you need blood work to check your blood counts and testosterone level,thyroid function test to ensure they are okay.

Second, things that hurt erections such as alcohol,smoking should be eliminated from your diet.

See an Urologist for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so much for responding.
I do have type 2 diabetes, and am taking Lyrica since I have neuropathy in my feet. I am suspecting that Lyrica may be dampening my nerves, causing me to lose the ability to gain an erection, but will it also effect my orgasm? I will admit to having performance anxiety though. But the Lyrica was my initial suspect. I am going to minimize my Lyrica dosage, and try to relax more during sex. Any other suggestions would be helpful!Thank you again for responding
Joe